Stop taking me to end of table when double-clicking on field to sort it

12-05-2023 04:43 PM
Labels (1)
AllenDailey1
Occasional Contributor III

This is an ArcGIS Pro (3.0) behavior that is very annoying:  when viewing an attribute table in Pro, I often double-click on a field name to sort on that field.  Usually the first way it sorts is the opposite of what I want (e.g. oldest date on top, when I want the newest date on top), so I double-click again to reverse the sort.  Pro does reverse the sort order, but it automatically scrolls the table all the way to the bottom.  This drives me crazy.  Not only do I not want to be at the end of the table, once I am at the end of it, I am still looking at the same record I was in the first sort, which was in the opposite order of what I wanted, so it achieves nothing.  So I have to scroll up to the top of the table myself.

I would love it if the second sort did not scroll me to the bottom of the table!!  Just sort, don't move my position in the table.  I have to deal with this usually multiple times a day.

Thanks for reading!

2 Comments
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Hi @AllenDailey1 ,

You also get the dev team's kudo for this one. We have a user-facing BUG from Support that you can track: BUG-000151514.

We are planning to get this fixed ASAP.

Thanks!

Alycia

AllenDailey1

@AlyciaRajendran_esri , Thank you for the info! 🙂  That's interesting to know it's a bug.  Thanks!