Square and finish part

08-20-2020 09:41 AM
Labels (1)
JeffLegato1
Occasional Contributor

When digitizing I often need to create rectangular polygons that have squared corners which I can do thanks to a right click and selecting the square and finish. Sometimes I need to create two distinct rectangles that need to be the same polygon.  Currently, I have to draw two polygons and merge them for when I come to the last corner there is only square and finish when I need square and finish part. 

2 Comments
KoryKramer

Thank you for submitting this idea, Jeff Legato‌!  While it isn't exactly what you're asking for, I wanted to make sure you were aware of the Continue Feature tool.  From your description, it sounds like you would draw your first polygon, finishing it with Square and Finish, then activate the Continue Feature tool, draw the second polygon, use Square and Finish, etc.  That should allow you to create those multipart polygons using square and finish without having to create separate polygons and merge.

Add features to a multipart or multipoint feature—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

I hope this helps.

JeffLegato1

Thank you for showing me that! Not as efficient as a right click but it works about as fast as selecting both and merging them. I've added it to my favorite tools. Thank you!