Show Geoprocessing details by default

08-19-2019 07:37 AM
Labels (1)
WilliamBuerger
Occasional Contributor

The background geoprocessing concept can be useful in some cases.  In ArcPro, all geoprocessing is background.  I can get where ESRI is going with this.  But, in most cases, when I'm running some processing, I'm waiting for that to finish before I move on to something else.  I like to see the details of what is happening as well so I almost always hit the View Details button after starting a tool.  It would be nice if there were an option to show this by default.  Then, in the few cases were I do want to hide this while I do something else, I can just close it and let it continue to run in the background.  Although even than, I would likely just want to move the details off to the side so I can keep an eye on it while doing other things.

Is there any option for this that I just haven't noticed?  If not, it would be a nice feature.

3 Comments
by Anonymous User

I would also like to automatically set or force a pop up for View Details to see the Messages/ing ArcGIS Pro ToolBox.   Ether by way of an option, but also in Python as we have many tools It would be better to have more control over this.

SelinaAgbayani1

I have a python toolbox, and I would like to be able to set the geoprocessing details and messages to pop up by default. Is this something that I can do? 

MErikReedAugusta

I used to go out of my way to write clearly-formatted messages so my team could understand what was going on, but with the loss of that scrolling message window interface, I no longer really have that option, anymore.

I could live with the new setup if I could at least set "View Details" to open automatically on some or all tools.

For my own use, I can click that myself, though it is tedious.  But the greater concern for me is that teammates that are using scripts I've written might not be getting all the information and feedback I might want them to if they don't remember to click that link.