“Service Properties” and “manage cache” options are not available when right-clicking the service in ArcGIS Pro

09-02-2019 01:35 PM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

“Service Properties” and “manage cache” options are not available when right-clicking the service in ArcGIS Pro

It would be nice if the “Service Properties” and “manage cache” options get available when right-clicking the service in ArcGIS Pro

19 Comments
JamalNUMAN

Not avialable in 2.9

But partially avialable in manager of ArcGIS Server

Clip_9.jpgClip_10.jpgClip_11.jpg

BobNutsch1

Hello,

I would like ArcGIS Pro to allow managing of ArcGIS Server services in the same manner as ArcCatalog.

We have multiple ArcGIS Server services, each running multiple feature, map, and image services.

I have migrated my workflows to ArcGIS Pro EXCEPT for managing ArcGIS Server services.  I use ArcCatalog for this work:

• All servers are shown in one view
  • A simple double-click on each ArcGIS Server to connect shows me all services in a concise, compact view
  • A summary of all services is displayed, e.g., type, status, instances, etc. - makes it very handy to look for issues and be sure of consistency of multiple services
  • A simple right-click on a service brings up a menu from which I select Service Properties
  • Within Service Properties I can make simple changes AND compare the settings of one service to the same service running on another server

I don't like using ArcGIS Manager to manage ArcGIS Server services - I have to log in to each server, the browser display is slower, and I have to page through and/or search to find the services.

Thanks

JonahLay
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @BobNutsch1,

Thanks for your submission. This seems similar to this existing idea: “Service Properties” and “manage cache” options are not available when right-clicking the service in... 

Can you take a look at this idea and see if it is the same? If so, we can close this one.

Thanks,

Jonah

BobNutsch1

Hi Jonah,  Yes, that is it!  I did some searching to find other references to this issue but failed to find any, thanks for showing me one! You can close mine if you wish, though it might be handy to include my reasoning to help the developers understand why this functionality is important to users.  Thanks.

JonahLay

Thanks @BobNutsch1! I'll merge your idea with the existing one.

tigerwoulds

Similar Idea with some traction. Please upvote if you can.

ArcGIS Pro functions for map services - Esri Community

Some of us attended the esri UC this year and heard conflicting statements about whether this functionality is coming or not. 

JamalNUMAN

It used to be in ArcMap since ages! Why this feature is so challenging to be in integrated to Pro?

BobNutsch1

I was on the phone with Esri support a few moments ago and as a result, was about to log this idea, and then came across this enhancement request.  

If this deficiency is addressed, I should be able to no longer have to use ArcCatalog.  As it is, I use both ArcPro and ArcCatalog throughout my day.  ArcPro to publish to non-federated ArcGIS Server servers, ArcCatalog to edit properties.  

I believe Esri is trying to have parity between ArcMap/Catalog and ArcPro.  Allowing one the ability to edit Service Properties as done by ArcCatalog would be a great enhancement.

MarkChilcott

I cannot believe this is not in the app - make it so.