Select to view content in your preferred language

Renaming ArcGIS Pro project with its APRX, file geodatabase and toolbox needs to be easy

04-11-2017 04:04 PM
Labels (1)
GraemeBrowning
Frequent Contributor

As can be seen at http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/236262/renaming-arcgis-pro-project-aprx-file-geodatabase-and-... I created an ArcGIS Pro project named TestProject in a new folder and after doing considerable work on it I decided that it warranted a better name like ProperProject.  In the TestProject folder by default there is TestProject.aprx, TestProject.gdb and TestProject.tbx.

Renaming the TestProject folder to ProperProject leaves the TestProject.* files and file geodatabase with their original name, and there seems to be no easy way to rename TestProject.aprx to ProperProject.aprx that automatically renames its default file geodatabase and toolbox to ProperProject.gdb and ProperProject.tbx.

I'm happy to leave the project folder rename to Windows, but I think ArcGIS Pro should make renaming a *.aprx also rename its default file geodatabase and toolbox.

11 Comments
RobertHursey

I am able to rename the folder and all files and it seems to open and operate just fine. It was but it recreating a folder in the project folder.  After several attempts, I was able to successfully remove instances of this in Databases and Folders in the Catalog pane, delete the folder from the project folder, and have it gone for good.  Is there any reason I should not do this and is there or will there ever be a tool or SOP to do this "properly"?

RobertHursey_2-1714148087175.png