Preset layer at "asset type level" for utility network

09-30-2022 03:32 AM
Labels (1)
FabianoFerrazza1
New Contributor II

Hi,

We are about to using the Utility Network (Communication Utility Network Foundation) for an important project about fiber network.

In ArcGIS Pro, for visualization and editing, we are using the Subtype Group layer.

It's good but, for utility network model, the ideal would be to have a Preset layer that reaches the asset type level, and doesn't stop at asset group level.

In fact, would be great to have different configuration for field visibility and view the association tree in attribute panel.

In this case, for example, should be possible to set different configuration for field visibility or view the association tree in the attribute panel by the different asset type (that, often, are very different objects, as Hub Terminator e spare).

It would be actually useful in my opinion (and in my experience).

3 Comments
FranciscoJavierSolísOlid

Hi, I'm GIS consultant and my clients ask me the same:

- Preset layer at the Asset Type level

- Different configuration for field visibility

ManuelLopez4

Hello, yes, indeed it would be great to have different visbility configuration at Asset Type level.

Best regards.

AlbaraA

Hi,

Through Symbology, this should be adjusted. Maybe it wasn't a feature at the time of the post.

But, I wish if there's a way to change certain symbology settings in bulks, like Field (What's shown on content) & size of the logo, or something similar. 

I wanted to go to the Asset type level for multiple sublayers, but had to do it one by one.