Select to view content in your preferred language

Only show the domains for the FC that was right-clicked

10-20-2023 12:13 PM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3 Mobile Geodatabase:

I have a table that uses a domain called Domain1.

Bud_0-1697828798149.png

In Catalog, right-click the table —> Data Design —> Domains.

Bud_0-1697829278137.png

The Domains View shows me all of the domains in the geodatabase, not just Domain1.

Bud_1-1697828924409.png

I don't understand why I'd want to see all domains when I chose to click on a specific table. If I wanted to see all domains, I could click on the geodatabase, not a specific table.

Could that behaviour be changed?

2 Comments
RandyCasey

YES! Please do this! Our production EGDB has hundreds of domains, and finding a domain is incredibly difficult, even with naming conventions! Please consider this ESRI!

SSWoodward

Thanks for the Idea @Bud ,

I can see how this would be a useful enhancement.

For additional context in relation to your question. Domains are a workspace level property.  Navigating to the domains view shows users what domains are available to the class they have entered the view from. 

@RandyCasey If you are having trouble finding a specific domain, I recommend using the domain usage pane.  It can be found in the domains ribbon, and provides an easy way to search for a domain and see which classes, fields, and subtypes the domain is currently applied to. 

Right clicking an entry in the domain usage pane and selecting 'View Usage' will navigate you directly to the domain entry.  

Additionally, you may use the filter option in the domains ribbon to search directly in the domains view. 

SSWoodward_1-1697839711316.png

SSWoodward_0-1697839579797.png