Select to view content in your preferred language

Integrate ArcGIS Pro with ChatGPT Assistant.

11-11-2023 04:22 PM
Labels (1)
FranzLeonardo
Occasional Contributor

I would like ArcGIS Pro to have a "ChatGPT" type AI processor where I ask it to perform some activity that requires a number of geoprocesses with the layers I have in the Contents panel. I think that would be tremendously cool.

Tags (3)
7 Comments
JonathanNeal

@FranzLeonardo Yes, that would be cool.  What activities do you see it doing?
Here is a related link: GPT NLP Dialogue Interface - Esri Community

franzpc

@JonathanNeal I would like it to perform some usual processes (with this I would avoid using ModelBuilder, for example to delimit a watershed: Fill > Flow Direction > Snap Pour Point > Watershed, or from a table convert it into points Add XX Coordinates > Buffer > Intersection).

JonathanNeal
Status changed to: In Product Plan

@franzpc Like it!  From your comment we have a working prototype that does this (Not in the product yet).  We still greatly appreciate your feedback and kudo's to make sure we give you something useful.  We will use these comments and kudo's to guide and prioritize our work.  Thanks and keep them coming!

JonathanNeal

@FranzLeonardo I updated the title to be less generic as there are some actionable ideas we can implement.
I am removing  chatGPT because it is one of many GPT models.  From what the Geoprocessing team is doing, it would be good to say that we are working on a tool sequence2sequence model to help predict the next tool.

Just in case, your original "Integrate ArcGIS Pro with ChatGPT" is it does through Add-In's and we can close this and adjust the title back.

JonathanNeal

@franzpc We added your case to Pro 3.3 using our own LLM model.

@FranzLeonardo We have ongoing work with your idea of an AI assistant.  Updating the title back to your original as we continue in this direction.

franzpc

That's great news, I'll be looking forward to this update.

JonathanNeal

Thanks @MargaretCrawford Blog outlining the new features for 3.3.
AI-Enhanced User Experiences in ArcGIS Pro 3.3 (esri.com)