Select to view content in your preferred language

Improve Reordering / Dragging Favorites in Catalog

08-21-2024 05:16 AM
Labels (1)
MatthewLeonard
Regular Contributor

When reordering items in the Favorites tab of the Catalog pane, folders will automatically expand as I drag the item over them. This is not good when I am only trying to change the order of Favorites. I am not trying to copy the item to another file location inside another folder.

But when I do want to copy an item to a location inside another folder, this is a useful way to do it. Still, I don't want other folders to expand when I drag over them. They may not be the folder I want, and when they expand it makes it harder to navigate to the folder I do want. And it makes the process sluggish because the Catalog may be trying to display a lot of items inside an expanded folder that I don't need to see. 

Proposed solution: Don't automatically expand a folder when I drag an item over it. If I need to copy an item to a location inside a folder, I will expand that folder first, then drag and drop. Or, I will Copy and Paste - easy enough.

An automatically expanding folder caused me to mistakenly copy a large folder into a location where it did not need to be, when I was just trying to reorder Favorites.