Select to view content in your preferred language

Enable switching portals in ArcGIS Pro start page

02-16-2022 10:38 AM
Labels (1)
Mike_Koutnik
Regular Contributor

I work in Pro with several portals.  I am constantly opening a project and then realizing just as the project finishes loading that I am signed into the wrong portal. The projects I create often take a while to load since they reference live services from several external providers.  So this wastes time.  There is already an indication of which portal your are signed into tucked away (almost unseen) in the far upper right corner.  Just moving it next to the Recent Projects list and having an explicit button there to "Switch Portals" would help.  But it would be better if your portal list was shown.  Then you'd click on a portal to choose, when a popup would appear to allow you to select which option you wanted, such as "Set as active portal" or "Sign out."  But an even more human-friendly approach would be as Pro loads a project, to check whether there is a portal dependence in that project.  If you aren't signed into the needed portal, Pro could display a prompt stating which portal is needed by the project, and asking if you want to switch. THAT would be helpful! Thanks. 

1 Comment
SusanTran
Status changed to: Already Offered

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for posting here. After starting Pro, you should not have to ensure you've switched to the correct portal before opening a project. With Pro, your maps can contain content from multiple portal connections simultaneously. The active portal is used for sharing or adding additional content to your map. 

If there's a dependence on a portal connection for a map in your project to connect and you're not already signed in, you'll get a prompt. If you're already signed in, you'll be able to just work with the content from the portal.