Download button grayed out for ArcGIS Pro

02-11-2018 10:26 PM
Labels (1)
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Unable to update ArcGIS Pro as the button is grayed out. 

How to Apply ArcGIS Pro Software Updates | ArcGIS Blog fails to work. There are no network restrictions, product  fails to update with both Portal for ArcGIS and AGOL.

Based on my understanding of the discussion on https://community.esri.com/message/743743-arcgis-update-download?sr=search&searchId=4b2de890-ed91-4f...‌ this idea is requesting for the automatic update to not rely on being signed in to an ArcGIS Online account.  The request is to allow the Download Now button to be active when the user is connected to an ArcGIS Enterprise portal.

13 Comments
KoryKramer

I just wanted to clarify that the open Enhancement Request with technical support is [ENH-000115972 : The user would like the “Download Now” button to not be grey out for the software update without having to go to sign in to AGOL as they are using concurrent use licenses.]  If you have given kudos to this idea it isn't necessary to call support since the idea and enhancement request are already associated on our side.

Thank you.

Will
by

If a user has an ArcGIS/Esri public account connected to an org's My Esri site for software downloads, they should be able to download/update the software using the "Download Now" button within ArcGIS Pro, but this does not work - currently users instead must have an ArcGIS organizational account for it to work, but this is problematic for organizations who use concurrent use ArcGIS Pro licenses as not all their users have organizational accounts.... please fix this, thank you!

AmberWittner

Federal Agency employee here. To comply with Executive Order on Cyber Security, our AGOL Org moved to PIV (card and PIN) based AGOL auth approach across the board. Well, currently there is an ADFS trust issue and we cannot authorize ArcGIS Pro to run on Server OS VMs. SO we pivoted back to trusty ol' single use license .prvc files. With these in place, due to not being able to use Enterprise Auth, we have to manually uninstall and install Pro to upgrade. Please de-couple the download from the authorization process and allow prompt for single use input after download completes... 

Much love... a VERY LARGE MAPPING AGENCY.