Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro "Export Map Styles" for bulk saving of symbols

02-24-2020 02:04 PM
Labels (1)
WillyLynch2
New Contributor III

In ArcGIS Pro, individual symbol and style elements can be saved but there does not appear to be a tool for bulk "exporting" or "saving" of symbols.  See help- https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/mapping/layer-properties/save-symbols-in-styles.htm

ArcMap has the “Export Map Styles” via customize > tools > export map style. This is very handy for exporting all symbols in a layer or map to a new style.  

Something similar in ArcGIS Pro would be good.

34 Comments
KoryKramer
RoseF
by

Hey all, during the Plenary lunch break today, the product managers issued a poll to all watchers to see what was the most important thing for us they could work on. In the Pro section, the ability to BULK EXPORT SYMBOLS was the user-ranked number one priority with 36% support. It came as a surprise to the Esri staff so spread the word about this thread and have people add kudos.

The good news is that they might get to this sooner rather than later!!

MattWilkie1

Round trip export-import please 😉

RoseF
by

@MattWilkie1 YES!!!

WetlandMan

I'd request the ability to export and share style layers like one used to do in ArcMap. When managing client generated maps its much much less time consuming to send them a .GDB which contains the style layers, than it is to provide markups and provide the physical symbology. I have not found a way to do this in Pro so that would be quite helpful.

GIS_MJ
by

I'm here to support this idea. I was surprised to see this ability doesn't exist yet in PRO. 

KoryKramer

Thank you for the comment @GIS_MJ    I took a look and it doesn't appear that you added your kudos to the idea. While comments are important, kudos (the number of votes) that an idea receives is one of the primary pieces of data that we use to determine traction and trends as we monitor idea activity over time.

Please see https://community.esri.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/arcgis-ideas for a high level overview of how ArcGIS Ideas works. For more details, see Frequently Asked Questions about ArcGIS Ideas 

Thank you for your participation in the community and for helping us prioritize future development efforts for ArcGIS Pro.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Under Consideration

RoseF
by

@KoryKramer that's great news! I have to say I was excited when I saw it come up in discussions on Day 1 of the UC. Thanks Esri, for listening!

JessiePierson

Very glad to see this is Under Consideration! I agree with all of Rosemary's comments here - It would significantly improve our workflows as we transition more of our group's work to PRO