Add Time to ArcGIS Pro's Units page

06-20-2019 09:54 AM
Labels (1)
ÁkosHalmai
Occasional Contributor II

On the ArcGIS Pro --> Options --> Units page we can customize Area, Distance, Location etc. units. It would be great if we could customize time units too, like date/time fields in attribute tables. Now, ArcGIS relies on the time display settings of the system. But what should I do if I would like to print a time value (and store as a time value) like yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.fff (with millisecond values) in the attribute table (without python formatting and conversion to string)? Currently, it is impossible to set certain (like the previously mentioned) formats in the time settings of the system. 

3 Comments
KoryKramer

Hi @ÁkosHalmai I wanted to make sure that you were aware custom date and time formats were added in ArcGIS Pro 2.8.  See https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/tables/format-numeric-and-date-fields.htm#GUID-04... for more information. 

I realize that this is not in the Options > Units location as you have requested but was hoping that you might be able to try the new functionality and let us know how it works for you.  Does it meet your needs?

Thank you!

ÁkosHalmai

@KoryKramer Thank you, that was my need. From my side you can change the status to "Implemented".

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Glad this works for you @ÁkosHalmai !