Select to view content in your preferred language

Add KeyBoard Accellerators to Pro- Rename this if Necessary.

05-31-2023 01:02 PM
Labels (1)
Marie_Ducharme
New Contributor III

I am pretty sure this existed in ArcMap....

When you right click on a graphic in Pro,  the "context menu" or list of items that appears does not have any shortcut/hot key such as in other software. I don't know what they are called exactly so this is an example from Excel. If you want to select delete, instead of having to move your mouse to Delete, you just hit the D key.The context menu has a letter underline that enable a quick selection of items from the list. I wish there was the same when I right click on a graphic in Pro.

Marie_Ducharme_2-1685563079100.png

Marie_Ducharme_1-1685562924049.png

Tags (1)
4 Comments
Marie_Ducharme

Ah, from ChatGPT: "The term used to designate the underlined letter for a shortcut in a context menu in Windows is "accelerator key" or "keyboard accelerator." These underlined letters are often referred to as access keys or mnemonic keys. They allow users to quickly access a particular option in a menu by pressing the corresponding letter on the keyboard while the menu is open. The use of accelerator keys can enhance the efficiency of navigating through menus and performing actions in Windows applications."

Scott_Harris
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Already Offered

@Marie_Ducharme what version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

KoryKramer_0-1685565929587.png

This is ArcGIS Pro 3.1.x. See https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/whats-new-in-arcgis-pro.htm

KoryKramer_1-1685565998284.png

Marie_Ducharme

sadly still using v 3.0 as my org does not want us to move to 3.1