Parcel Fabric 2torial - Strata Parcels (Floor Aware)

02-27-2023 02:05 PM
Labels (1)
JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Hello Parcel Editors,

Here's a 2torial (a two minute tutorial) on a new feature in ArcGIS Pro 3.1; Strata Parcels.  This new functionality allows you to enable floor awareness for any parcel type.  Simply adding the new field FloorOrder (type LONG) to both a polygon and line feature class of a parcel type will enable this new functionality.  Watch this video to see how to make your vertical parcel data more accessible both in 2D and in 3D. 

For more information on all the features seen in this video please check out the following links:

6 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh my goodness. Condo mapping might actually make sense now!

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Sothea_VOEUN
New Contributor III

@JasonCamerano I have a quick question and hope you can consider/reply: Can we use this concept to implement the 3D Record tracking for the Condominium unit transaction? For example: If a Unit of a Condo has been sold/transferred to another party several times, Can we track or display the transaction as the History Parcel? 
Many thanks for considering my request. 

JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Hello @Sothea_VOEUN 

Yes, this can be done.  Since the parcel fabric itself is a system of record, you can create a new record each time there is a transfer of ownership.  You can use our tools to duplicate a parcel once on the same floor and retire the older parcel.  The new parcel will be the current owner and the now retired parcel will be the previous owner.  You can then use the range slider to see the transactional history of the parcels within the building. 

Sothea_VOEUN
New Contributor III

@JasonCamerano  This is great if we are talking about the parcel configuration. But in terms of a condominium, the shape of a condo's unit has remained and what changed is Ownership. To create a new record and duplicate the parcel floor/unit, the parcel seems to be multiplied. So, my main purpose here is: How can we track that history when doing a deed of conveyance on ownership for a con

do's unit through Parcel Fabric Record (3D Parcel Fabric) 

Murad_geo
New Contributor III

Thanks for the information.
But when I check the Floors don't appear to overlap.
How exactly do I create Strata Parcels?

The Strata Parcels I made look like Photo_1.

Murad_geo_1-1693314281390.png

• Photo_1
0 Kudos
JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Make sure that you've added the Floor Order field (type LONG) to both Lines and Polys of a specific parcel type.  Then when you duplicate the parcels for different floors set the Floor Order field as the field to be incremented.  Then you should be able to see the parcels for each floor value.