Select to view content in your preferred language

Using the Traverse tool to draw curves: Legal text to geometry

04-14-2023 07:11 AM
RyanWalter
New Contributor III

Hello - I am having some trouble using the traverse tool to convert a legal description of a road easement into a shape. I've already contacted technical support and am waiting for an answer, but I wanted to ask the Community as well. I am trying to convert the legal description seen in attachment 1 into a feature using the traverse tool. I know the basics of this tool (how to express direction in a QB system and the length of the line), but do not know how to input the highlighted sections. Could someone help me with the nomenclature for the traverse tool when creating curves described in this way?

Thanks!

RyanWalter_1-1681481166010.png

RyanWalter_0-1681480107027.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Those sound like delta angles. On the Traverse tool, click the dropdown at Arc Length and change that to Delta Angle and enter the angles they give. I would assume the curves to be tangent to the preceding segment, too, meaning you can leave the bearing the same.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
RyanWalter
New Contributor III

Thank you! Do I need to do anything for "right"/"left" and do I need to put the length in the Distance field or Radius field? I appreciate the quick response.

0 Kudos