Select to view content in your preferred language

Reading Meets and Bounds for the Traverse Tool Question

Jump to solution
Wednesday
Labels (2)
KMuthRC
New Contributor II

I have been asked to confirm the accuracy of some Meets and Bounds, and while the https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/editing/enter-a-traverse.htm page is useful, (im pretty sure i figured out tangent vs non tangent curves) im still struggling with how to interpret certain lines. (particularly the ones in green) and how to correctly enter them in the traverse tool.

Meets and BoundsMeets and Bounds

I think the green Instructions are a tangent curve continuing with the same radius as the previous curve, but im not sure.

Traverse ToolTraverse Tool

and clarification and help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

this is one of those metes and bounds descriptions that i hate, it's got the curve parameters broken up between paragraphs. see below, the orange box is one set of parameters and the green box is the second.

2024_06_26_16_29_14_Reading_Meets_and_Bounds_for_the_Traverse_Tool_Que..._Esri_Community.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
anna_garrett

this is one of those metes and bounds descriptions that i hate, it's got the curve parameters broken up between paragraphs. see below, the orange box is one set of parameters and the green box is the second.

2024_06_26_16_29_14_Reading_Meets_and_Bounds_for_the_Traverse_Tool_Que..._Esri_Community.png

0 Kudos
KMuthRC
New Contributor II

That is very obnoxious -.-, 

but does this mean that since im using the Chord bearing and distance for the traverse tool, that i can just ignore the arc distance part?

0 Kudos
anna_garrett

my organization uses the chord bearing and arc distance for curve entry - if you have someone to ask for clarification in your organization I would advise you to ask. 

0 Kudos
KMuthRC
New Contributor II

Im our only person unfortunately, thank you for the help though!

0 Kudos
anna_garrett

no problem, I personally prefer the arc length for dimensions anyway 🙂

0 Kudos