Select to view content in your preferred language

Change Parcel Type Failed (The Spatial index grid size is invalid)

08-11-2023 10:59 AM
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

Curious if anyone else has seen this message when using the Change parcel type tool.

RobertChaney_0-1691776146493.png

It's interesting because the features were initially able to be built in the fabric in there original Parcel Type.

However, when moving these to a new parcel type, I get the error.

This occurred when moving large ROW polygons.  To over come the issue, I would break them into smaller pieces and then they would transfer over using the tool.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Robert.

ArcPro ver. 3.1.2

AGE ver. 11

Fabric ver. 5

Sql 2019 geodatabase

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@RobertChaney 

Please submit a technical support case and have them help you. It looks like you might have issues with your spatial index.

I would make sure that:

1. No one has messed with the XY resolution
  2. There are no features outside of the extent (e.g. in 0,0 from CAD) that might have messed your spatial index.
  3. That you can copy - and paste special the said ROW between the layers. If you can this might be a a Change Parcel Type issue.
  4. Test with other large features to make sure there is nothing problematic with this specific ROW (e.g. - invalid geometry)
0 Kudos
MarkByers
New Contributor II

@RobertChaney @AmirBar-Maor  Was this resolved? I am receiving a similar error when trying to construct common elements in a condominiumized parcel.

SpatialIndexGrid_Error_2.jpg

The lots build fine (see below) but the common elements generate the error shown above.

SpatialIndexGridError_Extent.jpg

I am not using a published service, I am instead working from a local database. I am not trying to change parcel type I am just trying to build. The error appears to only be caused by the 'common element' parcel type. It only appears to be happening on one (relatively large) record in particular. I moved on and tried constructing another and everything built fine. I tried running the 'Recalculate Feature Class Extent' geoprocessing tool but I did not have any success. Just wanted to check in and see if there was a resolution for the invalid spatial index grid size error.

Thanks,

Mark

ArcPro v. 3.1.3

Fabric v. 5

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@MarkByers 

As always, we recommend submitting a technical support case so we can look at your specific data.

You can also try the following steps:

1. Delete the seeds 
  2. Save edits
  3. Recalculate the spatial index on your Condominiums_Common_Elements table 
    AmirBarMaor_0-1717743821194.png

4. Create Seeds
  5. Save Edits
  6. Build

Please let us know if this works

0 Kudos
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

Mark,

Since your error occurred when using the Build Parcel Fabric tool, I'm wondering if running the SLACA tool on your data in this area and then trying the Build would possibly help.

I was just working with preliminary data and didn't open a case with ESRI.  As I mentioned in my initial question, I was able to work around the problem by breaking the ROW polygons into smaller pieces.

Robert.

0 Kudos