Select to view content in your preferred language

Can Fabric records have different parcel types?

Jump to solution
07-06-2022 11:17 AM
Labels (2)
DrewDowling
Frequent Contributor

My question is about the Create Parcel Records tool. It operates on a singe parcel type. But what happens when a record name already exists for a different parcel type?

e.g. If I build parcel records for Subdivisions parcel types then a new record '2021-3586' gets created with related subdivision polys. What happens when I subsequently build parcel records for Lots parcel type that also have '2021-3586' in the record name field? Will they get associated with the existing record?

We are still in the planning stages of the migration so I want to know what best practice is in cases like this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To answer the question in the title of the post, yes! A record can have any and all parcel types associated with it, which is what you want in the case of a subdivision, which will create parcels, lots, and subdivision features, maybe even a right-of-way or easement, if you are tracking those.

As far as migration goes, note this line from the documentation:

If there are existing records, they will not be duplicated; however, the record geometries will be updated to match the geometries of the parcel features used in the latest execution of the tool.

To put it plainly, the tool can handle multiple features as inputs, and the record → parcel relationships will be intact.

This step, though, is only to make the migration and record creation easier. It is by no means necessary. What you might do is create records from you subdivision features, then select all the lots and parcels within the same area and use Assign Selection to Record. But this may be too manual depending on how many subdivisions you have.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To answer the question in the title of the post, yes! A record can have any and all parcel types associated with it, which is what you want in the case of a subdivision, which will create parcels, lots, and subdivision features, maybe even a right-of-way or easement, if you are tracking those.

As far as migration goes, note this line from the documentation:

If there are existing records, they will not be duplicated; however, the record geometries will be updated to match the geometries of the parcel features used in the latest execution of the tool.

To put it plainly, the tool can handle multiple features as inputs, and the record → parcel relationships will be intact.

This step, though, is only to make the migration and record creation easier. It is by no means necessary. What you might do is create records from you subdivision features, then select all the lots and parcels within the same area and use Assign Selection to Record. But this may be too manual depending on how many subdivisions you have.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
DrewDowling
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @jcarlson 

0 Kudos