Select to view content in your preferred language

Are there any sample Assessor Map book layout templates?

11-13-2023 08:51 AM
DrewDowling
Occasional Contributor III

Does ESRI, or anybody else, have any ArcGIS Pro map layouts for producing Assessor map books? Conforming to the California Assessor Handbook standards would be ideal, but I'm interested in anything I can use as a starting point.

It would save me a lot of time if somebody had a layout with symbology and map elements already created that I could map to an existing parcel fabric implementation.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JasonBessert
New Contributor III

As a GIS consulting firm, we've done a few of them for various local governments in California, and I can tell you, each one of them is different from the other, since each County has a different 'take' on California's 215 Handbook Assessor Map Standards.  So to answer your question, there really isn't a standard, one size fits all layout that would apply to all California counties.  You would have to build one from scratch with map series and the aid of page definition queries.

0 Kudos
DrewDowling
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, Jason. I've created a few myself from scratch back in the ArcMap days so I feel your pain with local variation in standards.

I was hoping with the standardized fields in the parcel fabric model, somebody took a stab at creating a generalized one I could use as a starting point.

0 Kudos