Select to view content in your preferred language

Allow manual overrides to persist throughout the current traverse

2 hours ago
MizukiKayano2
Occasional Contributor

In the Traverse tool, there are a ton of data entry short cuts and overrides you can use. This is very helpful in cases that we are entering a plan in units we don't typically work on (for example: the majority of the survey plans we enter are in North Azimuth and Meters, but occasionally we will enter a very old plan, which comes in Quadrant Bearing and Feet/Chain). This happens several times per day.

Since it's such a small number of plans we have to enter in different units, we don't want to go and adjust the ArcGIS Pro unit settings, so we tend to use overrides instead. However, you have to enter in the override for each line of the traverse. We would very much like the overrides to persist throughout the current traverse so we don't have to keep entering in the override for every traverse on the plan. 

Thanks for the consideration! 

Example: 

Choose QB, type direction.

MizukiKayano2_5-1720112893678.png

As soon as I hit enter, the direction display changes to North Azimuth.

Choose ft, and type distance.

MizukiKayano2_4-1720112873196.png

As soon as I hit enter, the distance display changes to meters.

In the next row, I have to choose the QB from the dropdown again.

MizukiKayano2_3-1720112851643.png

If I choose QB and ft in Row 1, I would like the value displayed to stay in QB and ft (and not flip to NAz and meters), and for the QB/ft to persist in the dropdown for subsequent rows.

1 Comment
AlexanderCoster

Traversing in Record units I think is better than setting it in the traverse window since I sometimes have to go back and forth from the same records to make additional boundaries/parcels. Less configuring.