Select to view content in your preferred language

Zoomed in from popup and now have a dot there I need to go away. Help!

Jump to solution
11-18-2022 05:18 PM
SandraJackson
Emerging Contributor

I was working on my ArcGIS Online map for class and clicked "zoom" on a popup and it did zoom to that spot BUT it left a dot there I can't get rid of! I need it to go away so I can turn the map in as final project. How do I get rid of the dot?

thank you

Sandra Jackson

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

Hi Sandra, It looks like you may have clicked "Get Directions" instead of  "Zoom to" on the pop-up. This would add a new route layer to your map and the green dot would be the starting point of your route. If it was clicked accidentally, you can just delete the route layer from your map. 

ZaraMatheson_0-1669144193433.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SandraJackson
Emerging Contributor

You can see the dot here:

SandraJackson_0-1668820636846.png

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Don't know if this is related, but I see gridlines on the imagery as well.  Is this supposed to be there?

If not, looks like maybe your browser zoom setting is not at 100%, and web maps don't really play well if that is the case.

Might check the three dots in the upper right of the browser, and make sure zoom = 100%, then reload the map.

R_

0 Kudos
SandraJackson
Emerging Contributor

Thanks ... Grid lines are supposed to be there ... it' a school project. I finally found the layer that the dot was on and turned it off. I don't even know where that layer came from but turning it off made no difference to my project so I can live with this resolution! Thank you for taking the time to respond.

0 Kudos
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

Hi Sandra, It looks like you may have clicked "Get Directions" instead of  "Zoom to" on the pop-up. This would add a new route layer to your map and the green dot would be the starting point of your route. If it was clicked accidentally, you can just delete the route layer from your map. 

ZaraMatheson_0-1669144193433.png

0 Kudos
SandraJackson
Emerging Contributor

You are absolutely right !!! That IS what I did! I turned off "Route" and dot is gone! Thank you for replying!

0 Kudos