Wrong Domains Showing in Hosted Feature Service

70
1
10-29-2019 01:28 PM
Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm creating a feature service for collector showing infrastructure cleaning schedules.

I took an xlsx with the line and cleaning information and converted it to a feature class in a gdb. I set a domain for the cleaning schedule attribute, replaced all attribute data with the proper cleaning domains and then posted my map as a feature services AGOL. The rest end shows the old cleaning information from the xlsx as the set domain values instead of the domain I created, and this is also what is shown when editing in collector.  Editing in ArcMap shows the proper domain value.

I have tried the feature class to feature class tool, and exporting to a new file to try and get rid of whatever is maintaining this link to the xlsx original field data, but those have not worked.

Any ideas on how to maintain the proper domain values when posting as a service?

Reply
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
New Contributor

I discovered the solution to this in case anyone else comes along the same issue.

I created a fresh gdb for my layers and moved over one layer from the old gdb to the new using the Feature Class to Geodatabase tool in order to test. Then used the Domain to Table tool to extract my wanted domain into a table. I then used the Table to Domain tool to bring the wanted domain into the new gdb. 

After testing, this solution resulted in the proper domain values showing when in edit mode, I moved the rest of the layers to the new gdb with the Feature Class to Geodatabase tool (copy and paste results in errors when posting).

After that I was able to post my feature service to my server, with proper domain values showing when editing in collector. 

Reply
0 Kudos