With the collector app and AGOL can I restrict users to only select certain values from a domain list in a field. I know i can control what attributes are displayed and what can be edited via the pop up configurations options but i would like to be able t

Jump to solution
03-13-2018 01:44 AM
PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

With the collector app and AGOL can I restrict users to only select certain values from a domain list in a field. I know i can control what attributes are displayed and what can be edited via the pop up configurations options but i would like to be able to restrict certain users to only select 2 or 3 possible options from a domain list.The aim is to create a workflow process by where an item is passed on to the next user in the process when  a certain value in a domain is selected 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Paul,

There isn't a capability to determine accessible domain values via user sharing. If the users need access to different datasets you may want to look at providing separate fields with different domains for each user.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Paul,

There isn't a capability to determine accessible domain values via user sharing. If the users need access to different datasets you may want to look at providing separate fields with different domains for each user.

-Kelly

PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Kelly. I have decided to go with the Survey 123 app and create a form for each user, based on the feature service. I have added a select one question and the choices available in the form will be limited to the domain values I want available for that specific user. I have also included a query expression in each form to  only display the values of the field relative to that person  This will allow the user to mark there task as finished for example and it will then become available to the next user in the process.