Why can't I untick search for members?

Jump to solution
01-11-2019 10:02 AM
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

All,

Been exploring AGOL and the ability to share outside the organisational account. I've looked at a few posts/blogs on geonet and they have lead me to creating a group and then inviting people into it as shown below. I am the administrator for our account and the creator of the group. 

As I understand it I simply need to untick the box circled in red and then type peoples names. But the check box is greyed out and I cannot invite anyone.

What, if anything, am I doing wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

HelloDuncan,

I‌ ran a quick test and the here's why you can't add people outside of your organization to this specific Group.

During the Group creation process, there's a specific question "What items in the group can its members update?".

• If you wish to add people outside of your organization, you must select the option "Only their own items".
  • The other option is "All items (group membership is limited to the organization)". If you select this option, adding people outside of your organization will be grayed out.

Attached is a screenshot illustrating what I'm talking about.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Cheers,

Joe

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

HelloDuncan,

I‌ ran a quick test and the here's why you can't add people outside of your organization to this specific Group.

During the Group creation process, there's a specific question "What items in the group can its members update?".

• If you wish to add people outside of your organization, you must select the option "Only their own items".
  • The other option is "All items (group membership is limited to the organization)". If you select this option, adding people outside of your organization will be grayed out.

Attached is a screenshot illustrating what I'm talking about.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Cheers,

Joe

DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

That did the trick! Thank you very much for your help.