Why am I unable to move my tour points in my Story Map web application?

Jump to solution
07-18-2018 08:32 AM
MatthewTurner
New Contributor II

I have tried different browsers, updated all of my browsers, updated java, recreated from scratch the application several times, but no dice. I have been using this application for years, but have only recently run into this issue. I updated from windows 7 to Windows 10 a few weeks back and suspect there may be an issue there, but haven't found any discussion about this out there yet. Anyone else run into this? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewTurner
New Contributor II

Good morning Carmel,

I see what your saying. I logged into her machine, and am able to move the points around. On my own I am able to change the point's marker color, and the pointer activates as if to enable the point to be moved, but all that happens when I move the mouse is the scrolling of the screen.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matthew, 

Can you navigate to the Item Details of the layer in question in your Content > Settings > and see if the layer is still editable?

If it is editable, can you try adding it to a new web map and see if you can Edit and move the points that way?

Carmel

0 Kudos
MatthewTurner
New Contributor II

Hi Carmel,

I don't think I can access the layers details because it's a tour map layer and is added to the map through the editing of the story map. The layer "description" is grayed out in the web map. It is editable through the web map the application is created from (which is my workaround for how I'm moving the points once I add them to the app). I can move the point itself in the map and then refresh the application in a different window, but I am unable to move it directly through the web app/story map.

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matthew, 

Tagging Story Maps‌ to see if they've any ideas!

If you've recreated the application I assume it's the new builder that appears:

Are you adding points individually or importing them from a csv/Flickr etc?

Do any errors appear in the F12 Dev tools when the application loads?

Carmel

0 Kudos
MatthewTurner
New Contributor II

Good morning Carmel,

Thank you for your interest in the solution to my issue!

Yes, it is the new builder (so I should acknowledge that I am using the out-of-the-box app template option).

Yes, I am adding the points individually.

Yes, I receive some errors in F12, but I don't understand what any of it means. But since my workflow,

which has been sufficient until now, hasn't changed, and the problem presented itself after several years without issue

on the preexisting application, I am dubious that the issue is error introduced on my end outside of the change of the OS

from 7 to 10. My colleague, who is still running 7 does not experience this issue.

I'm happy to make any setting adjustments that are necessary, I just need to know what they are.

Matt

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matthew, 

If you log into your ArcGIS Online account on your colleague's machine, are you able to edit the data through the app?

It does seem odd that your machine software would be affected something in the Cloud. 

Carmel

0 Kudos
MatthewTurner
New Contributor II

Good morning Carmel,

I see what your saying. I logged into her machine, and am able to move the points around. On my own I am able to change the point's marker color, and the pointer activates as if to enable the point to be moved, but all that happens when I move the mouse is the scrolling of the screen.

MatthewTurner
New Contributor II

I should be more specific...I logged into my online account on her machine, also.

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

So that does point to an issue with something on your machine! Could be worth contacting your local Esri support team: Esri Support Contact Support  who could see if there's a bug associated with this or know of fix.

Carmel

0 Kudos