which user has a copy of the map offline in collector

Jump to solution
04-11-2019 05:05 AM
SPNIOrganization
Occasional Contributor

is there a way to know which user has a copy of the map offline in collector?

I want to shutdown the sync option of a hosted layer but I get a warning that there are 2 copies of that layer offline.

instead of asking all users, it would be good to have a way to know which users downloaded the map for offline use. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

SPNI Organization‌,

Hello and good morning! Thank you for reaching out, my name is Joe and I work in Esri Support Services. I had some layers already offline and I believe I was able to figure out a way to do this. Try following the below workflow:

• In ArcGIS Online, select your layer and go to the Item Details.
  • Scroll to the bottom right of the "Overview" tab and select "View" on the URL.
    • This will take you to the services endpoint.
  • Select "Replicas", which is listed directly above the layers included in your service.
  • You can then select either of the listed Replica IDs and the Replica Owner will be listed within.

If you have any questions regarding this workflow, don't hesitate to reach out! Although there is a way to figure out your inquiry, I think there is certainly some room for improvement when it comes to exposing who has these layers offline. I would recommend you log an idea on the ArcGIS Ideas page (https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas/content)! Perhaps there could be a section added within the layer Settings or Overview for Organization Admins to see who has certain layers offline!

Talk to you soon,

Joe

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

SPNI Organization‌,

Hello and good morning! Thank you for reaching out, my name is Joe and I work in Esri Support Services. I had some layers already offline and I believe I was able to figure out a way to do this. Try following the below workflow:

• In ArcGIS Online, select your layer and go to the Item Details.
  • Scroll to the bottom right of the "Overview" tab and select "View" on the URL.
    • This will take you to the services endpoint.
  • Select "Replicas", which is listed directly above the layers included in your service.
  • You can then select either of the listed Replica IDs and the Replica Owner will be listed within.

If you have any questions regarding this workflow, don't hesitate to reach out! Although there is a way to figure out your inquiry, I think there is certainly some room for improvement when it comes to exposing who has these layers offline. I would recommend you log an idea on the ArcGIS Ideas page (https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas/content)! Perhaps there could be a section added within the layer Settings or Overview for Organization Admins to see who has certain layers offline!

Talk to you soon,

Joe