Whenever I launch my web app, the screen just stops loading and goes grey?

Jump to solution
01-06-2019 06:30 AM
HarrySamuels
New Contributor

I have been having this issue and it's very frustrating... I have no idea why it's behaving like this considering the web map and the hosted feature layers are working just fine. Here is the link: https://ksusamuels.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=d82e41abf3904405828d4e82c33a97f2 

I have made it public, so let me know if it loads for you at all ...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Harry

Sorry about the issue with your Story Map Tour.

This particular Tour was created by manually publishing a hosted feature service using the Map Tour data schema, with the images being referenced on the web directly via URLs stored as attributes in the service. We have noticed issues with Map Tours created with that specific workflow not loading correctly.

The workaround is to convert your data table to a CSV file (or use Excel to build your data table and then save it as CSV), including lat / long attributes to specify point locations, and then create a new Map Tour by choosing the option to import the CSV into the Map Tour builder's Welcome dialog.

Alternatively you could build your Map Tour manually in the Builder without creating a data table, by pasting in those image URLs, or by uploading those images directly into the Tour. The issue you noticed does not occur with Map Tours based on images that are uploaded into the Builder, which is the most common way to create a Map Tour. That workflow automatically creates a feature service behind the scenes, but this is not affected by the issue mentioned above.

Rupert

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Harry

Sorry about the issue with your Story Map Tour.

This particular Tour was created by manually publishing a hosted feature service using the Map Tour data schema, with the images being referenced on the web directly via URLs stored as attributes in the service. We have noticed issues with Map Tours created with that specific workflow not loading correctly.

The workaround is to convert your data table to a CSV file (or use Excel to build your data table and then save it as CSV), including lat / long attributes to specify point locations, and then create a new Map Tour by choosing the option to import the CSV into the Map Tour builder's Welcome dialog.

Alternatively you could build your Map Tour manually in the Builder without creating a data table, by pasting in those image URLs, or by uploading those images directly into the Tour. The issue you noticed does not occur with Map Tours based on images that are uploaded into the Builder, which is the most common way to create a Map Tour. That workflow automatically creates a feature service behind the scenes, but this is not affected by the issue mentioned above.

Rupert