When I click a feature, I want an additional feature to pop up on the map

Jump to solution
03-02-2022 10:06 AM
ScottPage
New Contributor III

I am trying to figure out how this was accomplished and whether its possible with ArcGIS Online. 

If you visit this map and click on any park, you'll see that, in addition to selecting the park, an additional feature appears on the map, representing the area within a ten minute walk. The additional feature that appears on the map is not selectable on its own - it only pops up when the park is clicked. 

I'll note, also, there is a layer in the legend that includes the 10 minute walk areas, and if you turn that layer off, the walk areas still pop up when you click on a park.

I know this was built using ESRI products... Is this a custom feature, or something you can do with ArcGIS Online out of the box?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaximeDemers
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

For what I see when inspecting that map sources, it was custom made using the arcgis javascript api v3.20.

The viewer in ArcGIS Online does not allow this kind of map event related actions. A web app builder application MAY have some widgets that can achieve something close or similar to this, but I doubt that it can do exactly something like in the map you are referring to out of the box.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MaximeDemers
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

For what I see when inspecting that map sources, it was custom made using the arcgis javascript api v3.20.

The viewer in ArcGIS Online does not allow this kind of map event related actions. A web app builder application MAY have some widgets that can achieve something close or similar to this, but I doubt that it can do exactly something like in the map you are referring to out of the box.

0 Kudos
ScottPage
New Contributor III

Thanks, I appreciate the response.

0 Kudos