What makes Service Credit usage fluctuate so much?

05-08-2019 10:30 AM
MatthewAdam
New Contributor II

My company uses credits solely for data storage for Collector and Survey123. We rarely if ever delete online services and features, yet our daily usage seems to randomly go up and down. What causes this usage to change so drastically all the time?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matthew,

Are members in your organization running any sort of analysis (e.g. geocoding, analysis tools in the map viewer, etc.)? See the link below for a list of all ArcGIS Online functionality that uses credits:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/credits.htm

Additionally, can you share screenshots of the Status tab of your ArcGIS Online organization so I can get an idea of how much it fluctuates?

-Josh

0 Kudos
MatthewAdam
New Contributor II

Hi, thank you for your response.

No one is doing any sort of analysis on ArcOnline. 100% of our credits go toward storage. I do have a screenshot attached to the original question. Do you want more than that? I wasn't sure what to include. It looks like we fluctuate between 5 and 10 credits at times.

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Matthew,

Sorry, I didn't see the screen shot!

So I definitely see fluctuation but from day-to-day, it looks like the fluctuation is less than 5 credits in every case besides the last day.

In the Status page of your organization, you can view credit usage by individual items. I would go through and see if you can find a service that seems to be fluctuating and monitor the credit usage and edit history for the next few days to see if you see anything unusual.

-Josh