Select to view content in your preferred language

WFL lost color, and layer after I tried to use Web Styles

Jump to solution
08-07-2023 09:05 AM
MattCotterill
Occasional Contributor

I have a Web Feature Layer that includes a layer that I wanted to symbolize with a custom style that resembles a candy cane or barber pole. I wanted to se it to make the point that people can use one of two different permits to park in certain areas. Using this blog post as a guide, I saved several polygon symbols as  web styles, saved them to a custom web styles group and temporarily set that group as my organizations 2D web style group. When I overwrote that WFL, it lost all color and the layer with the custom styles could not be added to the map. I then deleted the styles and the group, set the 2D Web styles back to the default, and changed the polygon styles slightly, but the map is still shades of gray. Below is a screen shot showing the formatting of one of the polygon symbols in Pro 3.1.1

MattCotterill_0-1691423928923.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you are using Map Viewer Classic, Web AppBuilder and other 3.x web apps those symbols will be downgraded and show up as gray symbols.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you are using Map Viewer Classic, Web AppBuilder and other 3.x web apps those symbols will be downgraded and show up as gray symbols.

MattCotterill
Occasional Contributor

Thanks!

So Experience Builder can support this symbology?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup! Experience Builder, Instant Apps, Story Maps and Dashboards are examples of apps that will support this.