Web Scene - configure pop-ups and unique symbology

Jump to solution
10-22-2015 03:13 PM
KateNewell
New Contributor III

I'm very new to web scenes, but I feel like this is a pretty obvious thing...How do you configure the pop-ups in a web scene?  There seems to just be an on/off for pop-ups but no configuration screen.

Same for symbology....there is no option for unique symbols.  No filter options either.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Kate,

The web scene viewer currently does not have an authoring experience for popups or for being able to configure your layers appearance unique or class break renderers. If you want to use these renderers I suggest bringing the feature layer into the Map Viewer first and configuring the renderer and popup there and clicking Save Layer which will add the popup info and renderer info to the item information. You could also create the scene in Pro and publish a web scene from there.

We do plan on adding an experience for both of these features you are asking about. Keep the requests coming, we love to hear em and how you are using the web scene viewer.

Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Kate,

The web scene viewer currently does not have an authoring experience for popups or for being able to configure your layers appearance unique or class break renderers. If you want to use these renderers I suggest bringing the feature layer into the Map Viewer first and configuring the renderer and popup there and clicking Save Layer which will add the popup info and renderer info to the item information. You could also create the scene in Pro and publish a web scene from there.

We do plan on adding an experience for both of these features you are asking about. Keep the requests coming, we love to hear em and how you are using the web scene viewer.

Russ

0 Kudos
KateNewell
New Contributor III

Ok Thanks Russ...looking forward to those enhancements, but in the meantime will configure it in a map viewer

0 Kudos