Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Map Application Question

07-19-2023 12:25 PM
jcarswell
New Contributor

Hello Arc Gis Community,

I have previous experience making story maps, however I am trying to make an interactive map to show off current development projects happening around the city. I have a base map with my municipal boundaries, and I to create a web map, but am running into confusion. I am trying to have an application that shows my base map, but will allow me to add extra information. For instance, I would like to drop pins on my map to highlight key locations. When an individual clicks on the pin, I would like a section to left to pop up showing a photo as well as text information. I have worked with a map similar in the past, however I was not present during the creation process, so I am a little confused. I am thinking it may be a particular widget, however I was struggling to find a correct one. I hope this is helpful, and I can explain more if needed. Thank you so much!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @jcarswell 

It sounds to me that what you need might be provided by one of the new Instant App Templates

I would suggest checking the Create and publish your first app page to get you started.

I hope the above is of assistance.

Miguel