Web App Builder - Layer List Expanded by Default?

Jump to solution
06-01-2023 02:02 AM
Labels (1)
SimonLaughton
New Contributor III

Hello

I've a few separate queries, so I'll post on different threads to keep it clear!

For this one - I have an interactive map which has a number of layers on which are togglible by the user.  However I'm a bit concerned the member of the public viewing the map wont realised they can click on the Layer list widget icon to open it up.

Is there a way to have this expanded by default on opening?

Thank you!

SimonLaughton_1-1685610114964.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Each widget has a radio button in the lower left corner that controls its initial state. Click it to automatically open the widget when the application starts.

layerlist1.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Yes, but not by layer.  There is a setting in the widget that will exand "ALL" layers by default:

RhettZufelt_0-1685631440113.png

R_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Each widget has a radio button in the lower left corner that controls its initial state. Click it to automatically open the widget when the application starts.

layerlist1.png

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Yes, but not by layer.  There is a setting in the widget that will exand "ALL" layers by default:

RhettZufelt_0-1685631440113.png

R_

0 Kudos
SimonLaughton
New Contributor III

Thank you Ken/Rhett.  Using both of these things has done the job! Another question if I may.  Because my layers seem to be in a sub set it seems I cannot use the "turn all layers on" or "off" feature.  This only turns on and off the main layer (LP2040)_Proposed_Copy.  Any ideas? I am not sure why they appear as a sub set (forgive me if this isnt the right term).

SimonLaughton_0-1686125274314.png

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

By the looks of it, since you have a 'grouped' layer in classic viewer, it appears as if you are adding a Mapservice and not a feature service (hosted or otherwise).

In this case, the Turn all layers on/off will toggle visibility of the layer, but, not the sublayers beneath it.  So, will toggle the main layer but the sub layers will remain in the state that the are when you toggle all.

If you want all the layers to toggle, one option would be to add each sublayer from the mapservice individually.  However, if you add them this way, you will be limited in their order as they must reside above any mapservices in the TOC ( It won't let you move them below a mapservice).

R_

0 Kudos