Way to group symbology classes together in new map viewer?

09-21-2022 03:57 PM
BarrettLewis1
New Contributor III

I am uploading a map from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online. In ArcPro, I have two classes grouped so they are symbolized the same and show up as just one item in the legend. When I upload the layer to ArcGIS Online, in the classic Map Viewer they are correctly grouped as one in the legend, but in the new Map Viewer's legend they are separate, though they still have the same label and symbology. Is there a way to group them in the new Map Viewer or is this yet another feature that for some reason hasn't made its way to the new Map Viewer from the old version?

4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the web map?

We do have some updates planned for the first release of next year to support organizing types with groupings and headers and Pro 3.1 is planned to support this additional authoring info. Link below covers what Pro supports today.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/layer-properties/unique-value.htm#ESRI_SECTION...

0 Kudos
BarrettLewis1
New Contributor III

Hi, thanks for replying. Unfortunately I can't share the link with unverified users. Good to know there are updates coming to this. 

0 Kudos
DavidTreering1
New Contributor III

This is still not working publishing from Pro 3.1.2 to Enterprise 10.9.1. Also unable to share the map.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

10.9.1 Map Viewer will not support placing type values into different headings published from Pro. This is supported in the 11.1. 

0 Kudos