vertical exaggeration in the scene viewer

01-24-2017 12:37 PM
DanielSchatt
New Contributor III

hi all, I'm using ArcGIS Pro 1.3.1 to publish a local scene to ArcGIS Online as a web scene.  In the original scene in Pro, I added vertical exaggeration to the ground. The scene is published successfully and displays in the scene viewer but all vertical exaggeration is gone. I can't find anything in the documentation about a limitation in web scenes displaying vertical exaggeration.  Does anyone know the issue here?  Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlexanderLeonov
Esri Contributor

Unfortunately the elevation surface properties Vertical exaggeration, Surface color, and Shade surface relative to the scene's light position are not maintained through the sharing the scene. Web elevation layer—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

AndrewHansford
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Alexander Leonov‌,

I had a questions on how to change the vertical exaggeration in ArcGIS Pro.

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
AlexanderLeonov
Esri Contributor

Good day!

As my understanding it is possible through set up vertical exaggeration for each layer including elevation.

For feature classes this option is available in layer Properties 

For elevation. Before ArcGIS Pro 2.2 it is in Map Properties  and at ArcGIS Pro 2.2 in Appearance tab.

IsaacBabatunde
New Contributor

Your explanation here is very explicit. Thanks a lot.

However, I couldn't see where to set individual elevation source. Like this in ArcsceneDon't we have that anymore?/ Please, help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AlexanderLeonov
Esri Contributor

Good day!

This is possible through adding Custom elevation surfaces http://bit.ly/2uOKjkD and choosing it in feature properties like this

0 Kudos