Select to view content in your preferred language

Vector point symbol chopped off in Map Viewer at certain zoom scales

Jump to solution
Thursday
Labels (1)
MappyIan
Occasional Contributor III

I have a point layer (of libraries) that were styled in Pro and then published to ArcGIS Online.  The symbology is a two part feature consisting of a basic outlined pin with a vector graphic on top to indicate the feature is a library.  The library vector graphic was loaded from an svg  file.

The issue I have is that when viewing this layer in Map Viewer, the vector graphic on top of the outlined pin is chopped off at certain zoom levels for some features.  The screen grab below shows this happening for four features in different locations in the map window:

MappyIan_1-1725543283188.png

I've tried adding the layer to a new web map, but it behaves exactly the same with the same features displaying cut off at the same zoom level.

The only post I can find that talks about a similar problem is this one dating back to 2021, and the responses from ESRI staff (@mgeorge and @Noah-Sager) indicate that it was fixed at the end of June 2021 in version 4.20 of the JS API.

Has anyone else experienced this?  It feels like a bug.  Does anyone know of a workaround?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks like its related to BUG-000164183

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you able to share the map and we can take a look at the issue? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
MappyIan

Hey @RussRoberts, thanks for the response.  The map is here and is available to everyone: https://edinageo.maps.arcgis.com/apps/mapviewer/index.html?webmap=00f5e323375c44b1b52e11d608fefa23

I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks - Ian

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks like its related to BUG-000164183

MappyIan

This bug is exactly the issue we're encountering:

https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/vector-symbols-made-of-multiple-vector-markers-do-not-d-bug-00016...

Fingers crossed it's fixed soon.

0 Kudos