Select to view content in your preferred language

Use FieldMaps to Edit Survey123 data

Jump to solution
10-22-2023 02:14 PM
WarwickPrewer
Emerging Contributor

I have results from a Survey123 of point features that need fixing. Each feature includes 1-3 photos. I want to make the data available in FieldMaps for editing by other staff, so they can see the points, fix the issue and edit it as resolved. 

Any ideas on a simple way to do this? I've tried to make the survey point layer into a FieldMap, but it seems to be not editable. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

I'd create a view of the Survey123 feature service, then make that view editable.

The reason I'd use a view is because that would allow you to tweak the settings a bit for exactly what you want them to edit, for example:

• You could allow them to edit attributes, but restrict their ability to move geometries
  • You could allow updates but not deletes
  • You can disable editing on certain fields, but enable it on others

If you're using Survey123 reports you'll want to be wary of editing attachments via Field Maps.  Reports rely on keywords to determine which photos belong to which questions, Field Maps doesn't have that same concept so photos applied through Field Maps will not be visible in S123 reports.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

I'd create a view of the Survey123 feature service, then make that view editable.

The reason I'd use a view is because that would allow you to tweak the settings a bit for exactly what you want them to edit, for example:

• You could allow them to edit attributes, but restrict their ability to move geometries
  • You could allow updates but not deletes
  • You can disable editing on certain fields, but enable it on others

If you're using Survey123 reports you'll want to be wary of editing attachments via Field Maps.  Reports rely on keywords to determine which photos belong to which questions, Field Maps doesn't have that same concept so photos applied through Field Maps will not be visible in S123 reports.

WarwickPrewer
Emerging Contributor

Thanks. That worked great.

0 Kudos