Upper limit of storage in Arcgis Online

07-12-2019 08:32 AM
MichaelBishopp
Occasional Contributor

I have been doing some testing with the ArcGIS API for Python and noticed that the <user>.storageQuota property returned about 2.2 Terabytes.  This, as far as I understand, represents the upper limit of storage for an organization (go figure that it is a property of a user, but that is another matter).

Not that we would ever use 2.2 Terabytes in AGOL , but I was just curious if this is the absolute limit of AGOL storage?  Or does it elastically expand if an organization ever pushes the upper limit of storage space?

Thanks beforehand for any help with this,

Michael

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Any update on this? We recently heard our org-wide limit was 150 GB, which we passed years ago. 

0 Kudos
DouglasCochran
Occasional Contributor II

There is no absolute limit on the amount of storage an organization can have, however a a public account comes with 2 GB of total storage space. 

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

This really should be an idea, but what I'm really after are:

1. Accounts with high storage
  2. Of those accounts, who has left the org?
  3. For those high-storage accounts where owner left the org: is the content widely shared? Is it widely used? Can we remove it?
  4. How many people tiled something all the way to level 21 when they really didn't need to? (A report that shows all the tile caches that have that level).

Feel like it should be easy to identify that content, but it's not....this is not a matter of clicking through a few accounts.

The status dashboard is useful for at a glance, for example, "Oh crap we burned 1000 credits yesterday", but long term data and user management is marginal. 

0 Kudos
DouglasCochran
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for taking the time to detail and clarify your storage and account needs. We are always looking at ways to improve and enhance our organization settings and some of your items are on our roadmap. I agree and request that you post these as an idea to help us gauge priority for future updates.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.  I trying to understand our organizational ArcGIS Online storage limit.  You state that there is no absolute limit on amount of organizational storage.  Yet AGOL show my 150GB limit.  Is that 150GB limit not enforced.  Can our organization use 200GB of storage as long as we have credits to pay for it?

0 Kudos
GeraldStanuch
New Contributor III

Michael, Did you ever figure out the 150 GB supposed storage limit on ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos