Unknown error exporting map from Mapviewer

05-03-2023 03:20 PM
Labels (1)
JaxonReid
New Contributor

Hi there,

I am having issues exporting my map from Mapviwer. I followed the steps to print, however, exporting is unsuccessful every time. All I can see is a red x beside the file name and a message saying “An error occurred while exporting the web map”. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you able to share the map?

can you share the configuration of the print like size and include legend?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JaxonReid
New Contributor

Hi Russ,

Attached is a screenshot of the information you requested! Thank you so much for the help.

Cheers

Spoiler

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you can share the map that will help see if I can reproduce it. My samples were working as expected.

0 Kudos
ameliadev_UMiami
New Contributor

JaxonReid, did you ever figure out a solution for this? I am having the same issue.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you can share the map we can look to see where the print service might be failing.

0 Kudos
pwilliams18Williams
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue. Tried different Page Setups, changed the DPI (higher and lower), made the file name shorter, turned off more layers. Still failing. Very frustrating, hope we get an answer on what's going on soon. Maybe it's the types of layers/source of where the data is coming from that is causing the issue? I feel like I might just give up on Map Viewer and just go with Classic, it seems to have less bugs.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you can share a map that reproduces the issue then I can take a look. If you are seeing other issues please submit a support ticket or post on the community.

0 Kudos
pwilliams18Williams
New Contributor II

Hi Russ, 

Here is a link to the web map: Review (arcgis.com)

I was trying to print with only a few layers turned on: museum, museum buffer, and 3-4 other layers just to test what was working (not too important which ones at the moment just for testing). 

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos