Unable to share style as the stylex file is empty or does not contain valid symbols

09-08-2020 06:01 AM
RVx_GaslineGiS
New Contributor III

I would like to use Arcade to implement scaling symbology in a web map. In order to do this, I have to have published symbols (preferably as a style as I do not have image files of the symbols).

However, I keep running into an error when sharing the style file. ArcGIS pro states "the stylex file is empty or does not contain any valid symbols." The symbology for most of the point features are drawn from old oil/gas symbols fonts used with third-party vendors in ArcGIS 10.2ish. I saved all the symbols to a new style file in ArcGIS Pro.

I have not utilized styles in depth and could not figure out why this issue is occuring via various searches. What do I need to check or look at to validate the style file so that it can be shared to the company's Portal?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Robert,

My guess is that you are seeing analyzer error 00326? If so, please see the solution in following help documentation: 00326: The style does not contain a valid symbol

Hope it helps,

Jonah

0 Kudos
RVx_GaslineGiS
New Contributor III

Confusingly enough, there is (1) no error code, just a "Failed to share, the stylex file is empty or does not contain valid symbols" in red at the bottom and (2) no option to Analyze in the Share As Web Style tool. There also isn't a way to select what type of features are in the style (2d, 3d, dictionary). The style was created by just saving existing symbols from the symbology tab.

There are only 2D Point symbols in the style. I went through them in the Catalog/Properties tab to verify and look for any weird inconsistencies. I couldn't find any.

In the Error link you provided, the option for 2D says to click New Item to add a supported 2D style. That isn't an available option. Add and Import are both greyed out while New is possible. Do you have any ideas on why the existing symbols could be considered invalid, or why Add item isn't an available option?

Thanks!

JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Are you using the latest version of ArcGIS Pro? Several enhancements were added at ArcGIS Pro 2.6 to expand the sharing web styles experience.

0 Kudos
RVx_GaslineGiS
New Contributor III

That would explain it! No, the current Pro version is 2.5.2. I'll look into having it updated.

0 Kudos