Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to remove Living Atlas item from group

Jump to solution
06-15-2023 02:35 PM
kcrocker_USGS
New Contributor

I'm a group owner looking to pare down some near-duplicate items in my AGOL group, but I can't seem to find the option to remove/unshare items owned by other people (Living Atlas, other items added from AGOL, etc), even if I was the one who added them to the group in the first place.

To be clear, I'm not trying to delete or unshare the items completely--I just don't want it in my group anymore. 

Am I missing a menu option? Do I need some elevated privileges?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kcrocker_USGS
New Contributor

Turns out I missed a menu option!

For reference: go to the Content tab of the group, check the box for the item you want to remove, and  the "Remove from group" option shows up at top right:

Screenshot 2023-06-15 154802.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

If you open the item that is in your group, you should be able to see the Share button. Since you are not the item owner you cannot change the share level of the item, but you can remove it from your group using X Remove.

BernSzukalski_0-1686869110499.png

0 Kudos
kcrocker_USGS
New Contributor

Turns out I missed a menu option!

For reference: go to the Content tab of the group, check the box for the item you want to remove, and  the "Remove from group" option shows up at top right:

Screenshot 2023-06-15 154802.png

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yes, another good (perhaps better) way to accomplish the task. At least one item has to be selected (obviously) to see the Remove button. But that way is better for removing a bunch at once, rather than having to open the item pages for each.

0 Kudos