Unable to Obtain Result

420
7
04-19-2021 06:26 AM
Labels (1)
AnnaVitali
New Contributor II

Hi! I have been trying to simply calculate the area of some polygons using Arcade, but the function has been running for 3 days, and I haven't got a result yet. I only see the progress page that says "Calculating Records" and shows the progress "0/96". Has anyone experienced this before? I have calculated areas in the past and never had this problem.

Thanks,

Anna

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you working on hosted feature layer? What expression have you created?



Think Location
0 Kudos
AnnaVitali
New Contributor II

Yes, I am working on a hosted feature layer, and I am using the following expression: 

AreaGeodetic($feature, 'square-kilometers')

0 Kudos
ScottWhite
New Contributor II

Anna. 

I am also seeing the same problem.  In fact, I can't calculate *ANYTHING* using Arcade, numerical or text string, and using a hosted feature layer.  Last week, I submitted this problem to Esri and Tech Support created a Bug #.  See attachment.  The problem has not yet been fixed.

- Scott

PaulBarker
Esri Contributor

Anna, thanks for reporting we're investigating this. I think if you use the same expression from the item page you should be able to work around the issue in the meantime.

0 Kudos
AnnaVitali
New Contributor II

Thanks, I'll try to do that.


Anna

0 Kudos
ScottWhite23
New Contributor

Anna.

I just got off the phone/Zoom with Esri Support about this.  They recommended (a) doing the calc. in the browser's incognito mode or (b) clearing the regular-mode (non-incognito) browser cache.  Both allowed the Arcade calculations to work properly.  I wish I didn't have to clear the Google Chrome browser cache, but it was better than not getting any results.

Hope that is helpful for you.

- Scott 

PaulBarker
Esri Contributor

Quick update on this one, this should be fixed tonight