Unable to locate publicly shared web map (with all layers shared) in swipe map in storymap app

Jump to solution
02-23-2021 12:20 PM
Labels (1)
AmyNewsam
Occasional Contributor

I am working on a tutorial for 4H students on storymapping, and I want them to be able to access a shared web map to embed in a swipe map.  The web map is set to public, and the one layer it contains is also set to public.  However, the students are not a member of my organization, so it looks like the only option for them to search for it would be in Living Atlas, and it doesn't show up there.  Any thoughts on how to work around this?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

ArcGIS Living Atlas is curated content, and while anyone can submit content for review and inclusion in the Living Atlas, your map would not automatically show up there.

Members outside your organization can search for and find any public map. They can do that from within their organization by simply searching for the name of your map. Once they find it, it can be favorited for easy discovery and addition to a story when adding a map block.

View solution in original post

BernSzukalski

To streamline things a bit, you can put your maps you want 4H'ers to use in a public group. Then have them do a search for your group where they can easily find your maps, then favorite them for use in their stories.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BernSzukalski

ArcGIS Living Atlas is curated content, and while anyone can submit content for review and inclusion in the Living Atlas, your map would not automatically show up there.

Members outside your organization can search for and find any public map. They can do that from within their organization by simply searching for the name of your map. Once they find it, it can be favorited for easy discovery and addition to a story when adding a map block.

BernSzukalski

To streamline things a bit, you can put your maps you want 4H'ers to use in a public group. Then have them do a search for your group where they can easily find your maps, then favorite them for use in their stories.

AmyNewsam
Occasional Contributor

Excellent, thanks so much!  I will explore both of those options.  I didn't know you could create public groups.

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski

Groups share the same visibility as other items do - just you, your organization, or public. Let me know if you have other questions or issues, would love to help your 4H'ers be successful. bszukalski@esri.com