Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Edit Layer in ArcGIS Online

02-02-2015 05:12 AM
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jake,

I have similar question to the above one, so I will write it here.

Do you know maybe what should I do if I do not have "Enable editing and allow editors to" option. I would like to add editing option to my layer, but I do not see the possibility to edit my layer.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Karolina,

What Layer type are you using? If you are using a Hosted Feature Service that you have published, you should have the permissions and privileges to enable editing on the Hosted Feature Service.

If you are using a different layer source, Feature Service in ArcGIS Server, Map Service, Feature Collection, then there will be no options to enable editing through the details page.

What role do you have in your organization? As a user, publisher or custom role, you may not be able to enable editing on another users service.

Kelly

KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for your answer. I am using shapefile (polyline) which I uploaded to ArcGIS Server. I think that I have full permission to edit data, bacause I have administrator account and I am the only user in my organization. Maybe the problem is that I did not published my App yet? For now it is in "development" stage.

Regards,

Karolina

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Karolina,

If you are publishing a feature service in ArcGIS Server, you will need to set the editing settings when publishing the feature service. Your ArcGIS Online settings will not be able to change the editing capabilities of a server feature service.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

Dear Kelly,

I tried to follow the instruction attached here: feature service in ArcGIS Server, but I failed in the first step. During the importing of my map document into ArcMap I received an error "Invalid Web Map. Map must have at least one layer present". Do you know maybe how to solve this?

Best,

K

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Karolina,

In order to help with this issue, I will need to understand more about the workflow that you are following. I would highly recommend contacting your local Technical Support Organization.

What kind of Enterprise data base are you using to store your features? Are you able to add your features from the database into ArcMap?

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos