Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to edit in ArcGIS Online - Publisher or User Role

Jump to solution
08-12-2015 10:54 AM
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

HI All,

I recently created a Web Map to collect point features. Data is hosted in AGOL. I am able to view and edit the data with Administrator role privileges both in AGOL and then through the Collector App.

However I created a new user/member in AGOL, made them a member of the group that contains the web app. In both Collector and AGOL this user cannot see the data, it does not show up in legend or otherwise (points on the map). As well there is no edit function available in either application.

If I put this same user to Administrative role then it works fine. The layer is hosted via AGOL

Thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try sharing not only the web app but also the web map and the corresponding layer services with the group.

Think Location

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AllisonHoff
Regular Contributor

I know that administrators can see everything in the organization so it must be in there  - but the person (as non-administrator) does not have permission to see it somehow. Some thoughts are to check the group settings and to see if the person has two accounts - maybe the other account was added. One time I saw that someone was not actually logged into the organization - but it does not sound like that is the case if they can see it as a admin.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try sharing not only the web app but also the web map and the corresponding layer services with the group.

Think Location
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jayanta, by doing just that the User role now has access to the data and editing ability. I am also going to try unsharing these and set up a custom role with an Editor Template and see if that will allow access.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos