Unable to add Tapestry Segmentation to Beta Map Viewer

Jump to solution
03-25-2021 03:03 PM
SusanWinchell-Sweeney1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I teach an introductory GIS class (since the pandemic a year ago, have been using ArcGIS Online exclusively). The college 

In anticipation of the new Map Viewer rollout next week, I'm re-writing a lab exercise that uses ESRI's Tapestry as a layer (and does not require any Analysis tools). However, a search in the Living Atlas, brings up 0 results (see image below). When I return to what will soon be the Map Viewer Classic and perform the same search, Tapestry shows up immediately and can be added to the map? (image below as well)Glitch? Gremlins?

SusanWinchell-Sweeney1_0-1616709434369.png

SusanWinchell-Sweeney1_1-1616709718387.png

Thank you very much!

Susan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Currently Map Viewer Beta does not yet support image layers, so Tapestry won't show up in search. When Map Viewer Beta comes out of beta in a couple of weeks, it will. That is why you see it in Map Viewer Classic, and not in Beta.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SusanWinchell-Sweeney1
New Contributor II

Update: by searching ArcGIS Online (not Living Atlas) I can bring up several augmented and/or altered "tapestry" layers, including one called "Segmentation in the US" which extends across the entire United States but it uses 2018 data (not what I need or want).

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski

When in doubt, trust and use the Living Atlas content over other content you may find. See the reply above for differences between Map Viewer Beta and Map Viewer Classic.

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski

Currently Map Viewer Beta does not yet support image layers, so Tapestry won't show up in search. When Map Viewer Beta comes out of beta in a couple of weeks, it will. That is why you see it in Map Viewer Classic, and not in Beta.

0 Kudos
SusanWinchell-Sweeney1
New Contributor II
Okay, thank you! Isn't it coming out of Beta next Tuesday night, and will
be available after midnight?

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
BernSzukalski

The release has been postponed until after the Dev Summit conference and is now scheduled for the evening of Tuesday, April 13th.