Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to add my layer

05-28-2010 03:21 AM
nabaz-gharib
Occasional Contributor
I add a layer package to may content but when I try to add it to the map the search show no result for my layer..
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
NanAn
by
New Contributor
Exactly, Ken!! When I was at Jack's Keynote, I thought this would be a perfect solution for sharing my data. I really hope ESRI can release this function ASAP so that I don't need to use Google Map/Earth. After all, ArcGIS is a much better solution than others.

I will keep my eyes on it and cross fingers.....

Painfully....

I betting there are a lot of users from the Conference who thought the same thing I did...

Go back, create local content and publish it via ArcGIS.com...
0 Kudos
SpencerMcIntosh
New Contributor
So does this apply to that really cool tool called "Create Map Package" and after spending an hour and half creating it and uploading it.... you get a "Map upload failed".
and if you try adding a Map Package through My Content you get the "grey screen of death", oh but wait there is hope... the little circle of death is still spinning maybe if I wait a little longer. THe green bar is full.... what's that mean.... you've wasted another hour and half.
0 Kudos
MichelleHovorka
Esri Contributor
Spencer,

Could you contact me directly about the problem with uploading a map package?  I would like to investigate a bit more.  My email is mhovorka@esri.com.

Thanks,

Michelle
0 Kudos
RobMcDougald
New Contributor II
Vote here to Enable users of ArcGIS online and Arc Explorer online to browse to add layers from the user's computer - And to upload and share that content and the link is : http://ideas.arcgis.com/ideaView?id=087300000008DQr
0 Kudos