Trying to chart related table and map won't save the right field to chart. It keeps changing to default field

Jump to solution
07-26-2017 08:52 AM
ScottFortman1
New Contributor III

I am trying to add a chart with water quallity readings.  The readings are a related table to sample stations.  ArcGIS Online allows me to add the chart in the Configure Pop up window using the related table, but it keeps changing the field that I am trying to chart.  For example, I select "pH Readings" as the field to create the chart on in the settings but when I click ok and try the pop up, it charts the "Alkalinity" field instead (which is the first field alphabetically)

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottFortman1
New Contributor III

Matin,

As far as I know it is still an issue.  I did contact tech support and it is a known bug.  Unfortunately I didn't get a timeline as to when it would be addressed though.  One option I found that does work is to create a web app and use the Tables and Charts widget.  That one does work ok with related tables.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Scott,

This sounds like a bug from your brief description. I'd suggest getting in contact with technical support so they can flesh this out further.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
ScottFortman1
New Contributor III

Ok I will do that, thanks Kelly.

0 Kudos
MartinLewis
New Contributor III

Scott,

Was this issue resolved?  I've just run into it myself.

0 Kudos
ScottFortman1
New Contributor III

Matin,

As far as I know it is still an issue.  I did contact tech support and it is a known bug.  Unfortunately I didn't get a timeline as to when it would be addressed though.  One option I found that does work is to create a web app and use the Tables and Charts widget.  That one does work ok with related tables.  

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI,

Here is a link to the bug on the support page: BUG-000104430: Charts configured in ArcGIS Online pop-ups only resp.. 

Currently, the status is new. If you are running into the issue, contact technical support to be added to the bug. You will receive updates to the status changes of the bugs. Additionally you are able to escalate bugs if they are critical through My Esri How to Escalate a Defect | Support Services Blog 

-Kelly

0 Kudos
MartinLewis
New Contributor III

Thanks for the update and pointer. I’ll check out the Tables and Charts widget.

Martin Lewis

GIS Supervisor

Bernalillo County

(505) 848-1579

Office365

0 Kudos