Select to view content in your preferred language

Trouble seeing legend and pop-ups

04-12-2011 08:33 AM
MikeChalmers
New Contributor
I've created my map and configured the pop-ups the way I want them. But there's no legend at all. And when I share the map as an application, the pop-ups don't appear at all.

Here's my map ...

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=12737239a38f482693cb456bcf7e4f96
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I don't see any popups defined on the map you reference. When I copy your map and enable popups, I can then embed the map in a website and was able to display them in one of the application templates accessible from the Share button. How are you creating an application?

With respect to the legend not working, it's a bug with arcgis.com. Basically, the URL to the REST endpoint of your GIS Server is not typical. Your URL is:

http://gis.delawareonline.com/AgsRestSrv/services/segregation/MapServer

Typically, the URL has "/ArcGIS/rest/" where you have "/AgsRestSvr/".  Your URL is not wrong, ArcGIS.com is just not dealing with it correctly. ArcGIS.com is trying to parse the URL and is looking for /rest/ and doesn't find it and thus, is unable to generate the legend.

Unfortunately, there's not a quick fix on arcgis.com. However, if you update your GIS server to version 10, SP1, the problem will go away. This is because the GIS server has been enhanced to support legend generation through the REST endpoint. ArcGIS.com will be able to get the legend from the service directly, without having to try to generate it.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
MikeChalmers
New Contributor
Mike -- Thanks for your reply. I have the ArcGIS 10 update sitting here, but I haven't gotten around to upgrading yet. Now I have a good incentive to do it.

As for the popups, they work on my draft version but aren't working on either the embed or the application I download. Could the upgrade be the same source of this problem?

Mike
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
The server upgrade is not related to popups working or not. Can you share your map with popups enabled and I can see if I can reproduce your problem? With the original map you posted above, I was able to enable popups (they weren't) and embed and download the app...

I don't think this is browser specific, but what browser and version are you using?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos